Tis the season to reflect and give thanks, and I am feeling so fortunate with my lot in life this November that I’m doing a post each week to give shout outs to those who helped get me here.
This week is Thanksgiving, which might just be my favorite day of the year. One of the parallels between my professional and personal lives is that I love to get a big group of people together, especially if we all get to share our talents. We host Thanksgiving every year, and this year our numbers are up to 21! It’s an awesome mix of friends and family, and while I will see many of you in a few days (if not sooner), I think you deserve a shout out here too…that said, I’m going to try to keep this on the professional side, which is tricky! Here goes:
- I am grateful to my parents for their constant love and support, and for teaching me how to be a good hostess.
- I am grateful to my husband for understanding that we really do need four pies, two cakes, and some cookies for dessert…and for loving (most of the time) and tolerating (all of the time) the insanity that results in a dinner that ends in four pies, two cakes, and some cookies for dessert.
- I am grateful to my monkey of a son for loving the holidays as much as I do, and for giving me the best and most important reason in the world for trying to find some semblance of work-life balance.
- I am grateful to my supper club friends, the village that helps me raise my family in ways big and small.
- I am grateful for those who have graced our Thanksgiving table year after year – thank you for helping to make it my favorite day.
Wishing everyone a happy holiday, now and always.