This week I want to take a few minutes to recognize my staff. I have the good fortune to work with employees and long-term consultants who make contributions big and small to help keep KPC steaming ahead.
It has taken a few years to figure out the right balance when it comes to staffing. Thank you to those who have struggled alongside me as I tried to get things figured out, and to those of you who are newer to the KPC team and who have helped to round out the team in exactly the ways that we needed.
- I am grateful to Leanne Jacobson and Jane Robertson Evia who have been colleagues for too many years to count. Thank you both for all of the analysis and reporting you have done over the years, and for sharing new and fabulous data viz each and every year. You guys make us look good!
- I am grateful to Jen Gathings for being up for anything! Data collection – check. Coding – check. Data analysis – sure. Writing manuscripts with me – why not? Making conference presentations – you betcha. Thank you for being such an all-star player!
- I am grateful to Maren Harris, my qualitative guru. Who knew that answering that Craigslist post would turn in to many years of interviews, coding, and analysis – so glad you are still along for the ride!
- I am grateful to my AZ evaluation team – Jimmie Applegate, Kathy Dahnk, Paulette LeBlanc, Dan Matchette, Lynn Winslow – thank you for being the eyes and ears of KPC in your local areas, and for your dedication to making sure that the RAIN project is all that it can be for your communities. Thank you for keeping it real!
- I am grateful to Julie Johnson, KPC’s editor, for making me laugh with snarky comments in the margins of my reports and manuscripts, while still helping to make sure that we submit the best product possible. Are you editing this blog post in your head as you read? I bet you are!
- I am grateful to Noelle Wyman Roth for being an NVivo ninja – thank you for all of the magical things you have helped NVivo to do for me and the rest of the team in the past two years.
- I am grateful to Katherine Ciccarrelli for the summer burst of energy that you have given me for the past three years, and particularly for warm weather work sessions on the porch. I miss you – is it summer again yet?
- I am grateful to Christopher Bross and Michele Ruble for their invaluable advice about managing the company in the past year. It is such a gift to have your perspectives, and so thank you!
- I am grateful to the newest members of the team, Keshia Martin and Kim Kiesewetter, for organizing and leading projects in new and more efficient ways, and for sharing your expertise in relation to KPC projects. You two were the final pieces of the puzzle, but only because you are who you are – thank you!